Medical student association of Latvia
The Latvian Medical Students' Association (LaMSA) is a non-governmental organization with the status of a public benefit organization promoting health and education and preventing disease. It is managed and operated by Latvian and emerging health care professionals - medical students, dental students, public health students, rehabilitation specialists and others.
LaMSA was founded in 2000 and has been a full member of the International Federation of Medical Student Associations (IFMSA) since 2002. LaMSA was founded in the beginning to provide students with an opportunity to become familiar with the medical system, politics in other countries, to explore different medical disciplines, to apply their theoretical knowledge in various projects, and to acquire new practical knowledge.
- We provide internship opportunities outside Latvia in cooperation with the International Medical Student Association (IFMSA).
- During the year, students are given the opportunity to work on public health projects - health and disease prevention days, campaigns, field trips and schools.
- LaMSA gives students the opportunity to develop the skills that make them future competitive professionals - hands-on medicine, capacity building opportunities that we provide in collaboration with IFMSA and experienced professionals in Latvia.
- Regular communication of opportunities to attend events organized by IFMSA, WHO.
- Regular transmission of information to members about current events in Latvia and the World.
- Collaborate with other associations and societies to gain experience, meet prospective colleagues and acquaintances in organizing projects.
- International publicity opportunities provided by IFMSA. Possibility to publish in Medical Students International (MSI) and The European Sting magazines.
- We encourage to take on new challenges and push our ideas forward.
- Promote collaboration between medical students locally and internationally as a full member of IFMSA
- Organize and conduct clinical practice and scientific exchange programs for medical students (read more - HERE)
- Develop and participate in projects related to medical and social problems both in Latvia and worldwide.
- To educate the public about reproductive health, sexually transmitted diseases and their prevention.
To promote medical education for students in Latvia
LaMSA is one of the national member organizations of the International Federation of Medical Student Associations (IFMSA). IFMSA is an organization for medical students founded in 1951. For more than 60 years, IFMSA has represented and united medical students worldwide and is one of the largest youth organizations in the world, which is also part of the World Health Organization and the United Nations. Currently, the Federation unites 128 national medical student associations from 115 countries on six continents with more than 1.3 million members.
- e-mail: presidentlamsa[pnkts]lv
- telephone: +371 29850950
- e-mail: lamsalamsa[pnkts]lv
- telephone: +371 29394123
- e-mail: iekslietaslamsa[pnkts]lv
- telephone: +371 26823929
Homepage - https://lamsa.lv/